This client comes to us for an urgent store setup to meet the grand opening of his retail stores. His store sells bags, ladies fashions and kidwares in Botswana, South Africa, Kenya and SADC countries. Africa is new to us. We spent hours with him to understand the hardware infrastructure in Africa, customers habits and his idea on the online store. We also explained the limitation of single checkout currency and shipping tables. We come with the these main point to tackle:
- The mobile internet connection is pretty slow
- The client targets to support large catalogs of products
- The client already started instagram as a social marketing strategy
- Credit card is not popular as in developed countries
- The exchange rate of local currency and USD fluctuate very much
After consideration, this client need a simple theme for less bandwidth consumption, but need to support large catalogs and integration with instagram feed. We have chosen Pipeline theme for him. His first store is based in Botswana and thus we set the store currency as BWP and suggest him to open a store for Kenya with Kenyan Shilling for checkout.
We helped this client analysis and setup everything from choosing a right theme, upload products, collection, navigation, shipping price and payment method within one weeks. The client is happy with our speed and familiarity with Shopify feature and limitation.